The Current Good Manufacturing Practice, Hazard Analysis, and Risk‐based Preventive Controls for Human Food regulation (referred to as the Preventive Controls for Human Food regulation) is intended to ensure safe manufacturing/processing, packing and holding of food products for human consumption in the United States. The regulation requires that certain activities must be completed by a “preventive controls qualified individual.”
Blended Learning Option Structure:
The FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food Blended Course has two parts:
To successfully complete the course, you must complete both Part 1 and Part 2. A Certificate of Attendance will be provided after you have successfully completed both parts.
Northwest Food Solutions Utilizes FSPCA Standardized Curriculum
This course, developed by FSPCA, is the “standardized curriculum” recognized by FDA. Successfully completing this course is one way to meet the requirements for a “preventive controls qualified individual.”
Part 1: Online Class
Register: Register for Part 1: Online Class by clicking here. Once enrolled, you can start the course online. You will also receive an automated enrollment confirmation email.
Completion: Upon completion of Part 1: Online Class, you will receive an enrollment ticket and a completion email. Present the enrollment ticket with the certification number via email to your Part 2 lead instructor. You will not be able to attend Part 2: Instructor-Led Virtual Class without providing the enrollment ticket evidence of Part 1: Online Class completion
BEFORE signing up for this course: Please read the FSPCA background information document to help you understand how the course is structured and what options will work best for you.
Cost: $198.00 US per participant
Part 2 – Instructor-Led (Virtual Delivery)
Our blended learning courses are unique in that they are offered over two days, rather than a single eight-hour day, to make it easier for working professionals.
Class Summary – Part 2 Class:
- reviews all material from Part 1: Online Class
- addresses questions related to the material in that course
- uses exercises and discussion to apply the knowledge gained through the course materials.
Register: See below
Prerequisites: To receive the Certificate of training from the FSPCA, you must complete Part 1: Online Class before the Part 2: Instructor-Led Class.
Instructor: The Part 2: Instructor-Led virtual class is delivered by Teri Danielson who is a Lead Instructor for the FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food Course (Certificate #db654402).
Class Size: Because this is a virtual training, and the goal is to facilitate interaction between participants and the instructor, the class size is a maximum of eight (8) participants. If you need a customized course for your company, please contact us directly.
Note: This class is also offered in an “In-Person Format” Participants in the Online and Virtual classes must feel comfortable using technology. If this is a question for you, please visit the FSPCA website to book a traditional class room course.
Duration: (2) four-hour classes (most instructors teach this course as a single 8-hour day. we are offering this course as 2 back to back 4-hour days to provide an alternate schedule option)
Cost: $350.00 US per participant (cost covers total 8 hour training over 2 days)
PART 2 VIRTUAL DELIVERY REQUIREMENTS – Read Before Registering!
- You must have completed Part 1 before your can complete this course and emailed your enrollment ticket to the Part 2 instructor. – SEE ABOVE
- You must have a stable internet connection capable of streaming audio and video and a microphone.
- You are required to have access to an operational webcam as part of this course. All participants and the facilitator are required to see each other (just like an in-person classroom).
- It is strongly recommended that a headset or earbuds be used instead of built-in or loud speakers.
- You must have a cell phone available as a backup for call in, which could be used if audio is troublesome.
- You must have your webcam on and be visible to the instructor and other participants for the entire class.
- You must actively participate in all exercises.
- While FSPCA does not require an exam, this instructor requires that all students demonstrate basic knowledge via a short exam at the end of the class in order to obtain a certificate.
After purchasing the blended course using the link below, you will receive further information about the class via email within 24 hours.